Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cuban Calls Rings "Old School", Mavs Want Them Anyway

After winning the NBA Championship for the first time in Dallas franchise history, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban explained in an interview that he thinks the rings are "old school" and that he'd like to give the players something else.

Terry said Cuban mentioned a "five-ringer ring" while Dirk said he heard about bracelets; either way, the Mavs want their rings, old school or not.

When asked about the situation in an interview, Dirk Nowitzki said:
"We've got to talk to him about that. I don't think the last word has been spoken yet. We know he always wants to do something different, something bigger. But the ring is just so classic. I think I would vote for a ring. I mean, I'm a man. I don't know how I'd feel about a bracelet."
Carlisle also seemed to agree. "I don't know what he's thinking. You win an NBA championship, you've got to have a ring."

Donnie Nelson jokingly said he'd help Dirk out: I'll pay for the rings," he said. "Now, they might have to be plastic."

Silly Cuban, rings are for champions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

MyDallasMavs: Cuban Calls Rings "Old School", Mavs Want Them Anyway

This page has moved to a new address.

Cuban Calls Rings "Old School", Mavs Want Them Anyway