Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DeShawn Stevenson Arrested for Public Intoxication

Irving police say Stevenson was arrested Tuesday night after several reports of an intoxicated man walking around an apartment complex.

After the police approached Stevenson, he said he didn't know where he was and he was then given field sobriety tests and arrested.



He posted bail Wednesday morning and was released.

This isn't such a funny matter, but what is funny is what Stevenson said earlier on Tuesday before all of this happened.

When asked about the Mavs' party in South Beach following their victory he said:

“Actually, I didn’t go out,” Stevenson said. “I go out a lot but I didn’t go out that night. I didn’t go to the party because my wife wasn’t there, she’s pregnant and I don’t think she can fly right now, so I’m not gonna go out and celebrate while she’s home. I already felt bad....I mean, I missed being there as a family, I know it was a good time, but at the same time I’m happy we got that championship. If my wife did come, she’s pregnant, we can’t be in the club like that. Somebody could push her, she could slip. It’s not a good look.”

Instead of partying, he explained that he was playing cards for money with his friend and financial advisor.

Walking around a random apartment complex in the middle of Irving sure sounds like a game of cards to me, DeShawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

MyDallasMavs: DeShawn Stevenson Arrested for Public Intoxication

This page has moved to a new address.

DeShawn Stevenson Arrested for Public Intoxication